Monday, January 19, 2015

WHAT's in the corner? CAPTURED ON FILM!

Since 2008, I've done several interviews and many people have asked me where I get my inspiration for my books and for writing. When I answer that question, I say "LIFE".  I know that may sound strange ... but it is really true. I am fascinated at the things going on around me. There are days I have a hard time focusing because of all the things happening around me. I tell children my books are Realistic Fiction ... because the things in which I write about really happen ... but they aren't Non-Fiction.

I wasn't planning on writing a book about going to get Muffin ... it just happened. When we brought her home and she was so tiny and fragile, she'd lay on my lap and I started singing ... "I went to the store to buy a donut, but I came home with a Muffin".  Every time I said her name, she'd look at me and I swear she was smiling!

I thought it would be fun to write a series of Muffin books, but knew that that would be tough ... there are so many books about dogs and puppies ... but Muffin gave me another wonderful idea.  When she was teeny tiny she'd run to the corner of our backyard and bark at a tree that is in the neighbors backyard ... but she'd look up and bark ... for months we had no idea what she was barking at! One day, the mystery was solved!  And today ... just moments ago, I was able to capture it on film ....

I wasn't planning on a blog post this morning .... but then this happened!!!!

What's In the Corner? What Is That???
 
Muffin checking out that elusive character in What's In the Corner?

 
OKAY .... I'll move a little closer and devil them some more!!!!!

 Muffin teaching Shadow about the whole What's In the Corner thing ....
 A stare down!!!!! 
 Muffin HOWLING at her ....
Oh my goodness ... it's the BIG BRAVE CAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment