Thursday, October 23, 2014

VEGAS -- NIGHT 2


After the book festival, I was super tired and REALLY hungry! So I trudged back to the hotel, dropped off my stuff and went down to the CAFE CORTEZ and had steak and eggs ... it was soooooo good ... and was FREE because I was comped two free dinners from the hotel! I then decided to do some HIGH ROLLING ... well ... not really -- I sat down at a cute slot machine that had wolves on it ... put $20 in and in about 20 minutes had $41 and some change!  I quickly cashed out and was feeling great that I had WON in Vegas ... I was going to go walk around and take more pictures and I went outside and looked down and there was a 5 dollar bill ... I picked it up and decided to go back to this other CUTE MARTIAN slot machine and see if lady luck was still on my side .... I started playing and was UP and DOWN and UP and DOWN and UP .... about 30 minutes of playing that 5 bucks ... I had $12.76 ... I decided that BEATING VEGAS was fun ... so I cashed out! So I made about 28 dollars from my HIGH STAKES gambling!  lol!!!!
I had seen Container Park out of my hotel window and decided that it was the place I wanted to check out ... Right outside Container Park was this HUGE preying mantis. He is run by a person and his antennae are flames that truly explode once in a while ... it's CRAZY!!!!
 
Container Park was really very cool. All of the buildings are CONTAINERS and all of the decking, "grass", and tile are made from recycled materials. The stores all sell repurposed items. My favorite was the jewelry made out of grey goose bottles. Container Park was celebrating OKTOBERFEST while I was there and what better way to celebrate than with a GERMAN band.
In front of the stage is repurposed "grass" and a big play area for kids ... all over are couches and chairs for adults to listen to the music, relax, and watch their kids play.
 
One of the containers.
There were many restaurants in Container Park ... but this one had the BEST name ... I think it's the BEST name EVER for a restaurant!!!  If I hadn't already eaten -- I would have definitely eaten here!
 
I decided to give the FREEMONT STREET experience one more whirl before I packed it in.
This girl was Wowing people ... but many of those people had had LOTS to drink ...
I'm pretty sure she's sitting in a balanced chair that's hooked to her cane and the big base under her rug ... I know -- i'm a KILL JOY!
 
This guy was super talented ... he painted these paintings in about 10 minutes using spray paint!
They were really awesome and cost $40.00 ... I was tempted to buy one but didn't want to ruin it on the way home .... he was fun to watch!



 
Heart Attack Grill is another GREAT name for a restaurant ... I also love that they put a hospital gown on you to eat! I was so tempted to get a milkshake from here .... but worked so hard all summer to lose 10 pounds that I figured I'd pass!

 
AND ... if you haven't lost enough of your money already .... there are slot machines ALL over the Las Vegas airport! I was tempted to gamble my BIG winnings ... but then decided to quit while I was ahead ....
I had a great time in VEGAS
next time I'll take in a show and maybe be a bit more brave and try my hand at higher stakes gambling!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment